Ever thought about having your own pool? If you have the space for one on your property it’s definitely a project worth considering. There are many advantages to having your own swimming pool, especially during the intense heat of an Australian summer, but on closer inspection, there are some hidden benefits which most people are not aware of. Let’s look at a few reasons which might just change your mind about splashing out:
- Increase the value of your property – It’s a desirable feature and it could increase your home value by 15 to 20%. Most potential buyers will surely be interested in a pool, especially if they have children. A swimming pool will increase interest in a newly marketed home, and could dramatically reduce the sale time.
- Save money on aircon – A pool is a great way to keep cool during those hot summer months. While others are chalking up huge electricity bills you could be enjoying the cool, refreshing, natural way to stay chilled. Not only that, but you would have the satisfaction in knowing that your carbon footprint was significantly less than it may have been.
- Fun exercise– No excuses for not having that morning swim. We all put of training sometimes but what better than a swimming pool only meters from your front door. Pool owners can get fit and lose weight on their own schedule, and save a few bucks on gym memberships too.
- Great party feature – A barbeque is great, but a barbeque next to a pool is super great. Family, friends, and neighbours can all enjoy the benefits of a cold splash when the temperature rises. The only downside to this is you may become a bit too popular. Coming home from work to find a full-on pool party taking place may not be too appealing. On the other hand, it might be exactly what you need after a day at the office.
- Ideal for youngsters – Sometimes kids get bored too easily around the home. We don’t always have the time or energy to keep them amused. Having a pool however adds an extra dimension to fun backyard activities. If you like having your children where you can see them a pool is a great investment.
- Great for relaxing – On those occasions when you are home alone, there is no better way to relax on a hot day than by floating around your pool in a big inflatable dolphin. Be sure to buy one with a cup holder big enough for cold beer.
Swimming pools really are too much fun for too little effort. There is some maintenance required, but most people find it a leisurely chore. Keeping it free from dirt and debris, and regularly adding the necessary cleaning agents are the main concerns, and all the materials needed for upkeep are easily purchased from any reputable pool supplies shop.